Tuesday 10 April 2007

GLAD PÅSK (Happy Easter)

Apparently I’m not blogging fast enough for some people so here’s an update.

Last weekend was mainly hanging out with Jules and Guy as it was their last weekend in town and moving to Kempy’s. Kempy has very generously let me take his room while he is in Turkey and Egypt - I’m still in Islington but a bit down the road from Jules and Guy’s place. His place is lovely and I have my own room and bed which right now is an amazing luxury!

We had Jules and Guy’s farewell at the Pitcher & Piano which involved a lot of a drink called a Berryliscious and I will forever have fond memories of Guy dancing style! I have yet to get the photographic evidence of this from Jules but I’ll see what I can do.

My job is quite busy and the commute takes about an hour so that’s most of my weekdays covered. Apart from 2 room viewings on Tuesday which surprise, surprise didn’t work out.

I also now know that finding a potato peeler in London is much more difficult that it sounds. I kept getting taken to the canned vegetable section! Even when I mimed the action I still got very blank looks – and this is from people who speak English!

On Saturday I said goodbye to Jules and Guy which is sad – hard to believe that Jules and I will only probably be in the same city for 3 weeks in about 3 years! Good thing good friends last the distance!

I then flew to Copengahen where Cas picked me up and drove me to Lund where she and Harken live. I’ve had a lovely couple of days seeing Agneta and Klaus (Hakan’s parents) and on Saturday Cas and I had a look around the town.

We managed to stumbled across the Lund cathedral which turned out to be a great find as it is the most beautiful building and has been around since the 12th century and has the most amazing Astronomical clock.

The compass had it’s first outing as well! (For those who don’t know the kids gave me a compass when I left and I am taking it to each country I go to).


Hakan had a few people (15) over for a party on Saturday night which was good fun. Cas and I though we might end up in the kitchen as the only English speakers but they all speak amazing English here – right down to understanding nuances and complex jokes!

We made a few of the Australian favourites for the party including sausage rolls, Cas’ amazing guacamole dip and Fiona (Cas’ sister) hot cheese dip.

Hakan has made a demo CD of 3 of his songs which is very cool and I’m not just saying that because I want to go back to Sweden!

After a late start on Sunday, we had dinner at Agneta and Klaus’. Easter meals are traditionally fish based here so we had lots of different fish to try, as well as some schapps and Swedish meatballs.

Up and at ‘em bright and early on Monday morning and back to Copenhagen for my flight back to London – I didn’t panic at all when I went to get on the train and they told me I had to get a bus because there was work being done on the connecting bridge and I was cutting it pretty close for my flight. I am very pleased I didn’t go with my first instinct which was to follow the other people with suitcases onto the train as I would have ended up back in Malmo in Sweden. I ended up making it in plenty of time and ended up being surrounded by Aussie’s on the flight!

My number one priority this week – FIND SOMEWHERE TO LIVE!

1 comment:

Cassandra Doyle said...

Sooo sorry about the train. I nearly walked down to it with you.. but I thought.. no the trains there she will be fine! And you definately dont need to like Håkan's music to come back... your always welcome (you may have to listen to it though!) Thanks for the wonderful Påsk!!