Friday 13 April 2007

Routine

I’m very quickly remembering the monotony of the daily work routine. It’s no more fun even if you’re a different country! The job is working out fine although there is still the usual assortment of characters – although nothing will quite match a law firm. The area where I work is a bit like working in a little village with one main street and about one of everything. Not working in a high-rise is definitely a strange experience – I don’t even have a pass card which is definitely weird.

I think I have found a place to live. I would sound more exited but it’s not definite yet and I don’t want to get my hopes up. At the place I’m staying at, one of the boys is going home in about six weeks and it looks like I’ll take over his room. There’s still a bit of sorting out to do about where I’ll stay until he leave but I’ll get something sorted – if worst comes to worst I can stay with the nuns (when mum and I came to London last time we stayed in a convent). It’s one of the nicest, cleanest and newest places I’ve seen since I’ve got here and it’s in a great spot about 10 mins walk to the heart of Islington (for those who haven’t been Islington it’s a bit like New Farm/West end). It would be the two boys, Darren and Kempy (who’s room I’m in now) and myself. I seem destined to not live with girls! The biggest draw back is THEY DON”T HAVE THE INTERNET which if things go well I’ll remedy as soon as possible. I’ve actually found out that Islington has free wireless provided by the local council however we’re just outside it’s range – how that’s for cruel irony.

Now that somewhere to live is just about sorted I feel exhausted. I think I’ve been so focused on leaving home, finding a job, finding a place to live and the trip to Sweden I’ve not had time to stop and it’s finally catching up. I will be going for an O’Brien sleep in on Saturday (till 9 if I’m lucky). Once the room is sorted so many other things fall into place and I can stop thinking about it.

No comments: