Wednesday 28 March 2007

Working for the man

My London experience is evolving. I’m now gainfully employed but can’t technically get paid as I don’t have a UK bank account yet as I don’t have a permanent address. I still don’t have a place to live and am a little over the process at the moment. Jules and Guy have kindly taken me in for another week and then I’m staying at Kempy’s for two weeks while Alison and he are in Egypt so I won’t have to resort to sleeping in the park just yet (that’s a joke mum!).

I started my job on Thursday and that’s going fine. It’s not too mentally taxing and mainly requires good organisation skills. The weirdest part is not being in a high-rise – we opened the windows today which was a bit weird!

Last weekend was a bit of a blur. Jules and I met up on Saturday morning to go to Borough market but we (she) were pretty quickly defeated by the weather and we went to the pub instead! Saturday night was out watching England play Israel and dinner at a Turkish place.

For those who were at Gian’s for the paella I had to take these for comparison! This was at Borough markets.


Sunday was looking at 3 places (still no luck) and a card and board game afternoon at Isaac’s place – which was good fun and very reminiscent of home.

I moved back to Jules and Guy’s on Monday night and am now back into the swing of working life and still looking for a place to live.

Last night we went to see Les Miserables and it was fantastic - although we were high enough to be ABOVE the chandeliers!

My next real adventure will be at Easter when I’m going to Cas in Sweden! Can plan trips to Sweden but can’t find a place to live!

No comments: