Thursday 19 April 2007

Home sweet home

I have not one but two places to live! I’m currently staying in Camden in a converted church which is pretty cool and perhaps a little ironic. I’ll take some photos this weekend. I took it as a sign from home that this was meant to be when the pub across the road is called the Lord Stanley. I’ll be here for 6 weeks until Mark moves out of the place at Islington and then I will make what will hopefully be my last move for a while!

Sunday was another gorgeous day in London and I spent the afternoon hanging out with some of the Islington kids in the pub and park. I went to look at yet another room on Saturday (before I sorted the Camden place) but was somehow put off by one of the guys who lived there answering the door in a towel! Having sorted this place at Camden is brilliant – I’ve stopped checking Gumtree as though my life depends upon it and I don’t have to spend my nights looking at rooms.

Tonight Kempy and I went to a French restaurant in Islington called Le Mercury which was lovely and very reasonable (especially for London). I had a lovely time – I haven’t actually been out for dinner here all that much – it tends to be more pub meals, so to go to a restaurant was a nice change. Kempy had the pick of the food with a grilled rhubarb and basil ice cream dessert – sounds like strange flavours but it was delicious.

This weekend I’m meeting up with a friend of Cas’ for a drink on Saturday afternoon and Sunday Alison and I are going to Spittalfield markets.

Jules and Guy – I finally saw a mouse!

No comments: