Saturday 14 April 2007

The wild west.

It’s been an interesting 24 hours and am currently sitting a bit red faced in a café after ordering a latte, proceeded to forget about it and knocked it over when I moved my laptop out of the way (I’m nerding it right up at the moment – the laptop pretty much goes everywhere with me). A delightful Saturday morning experience!

A tip for new players – when you can’t find anywhere in a strip of restaurants that serves eggs benedict probably not best to go with the only that does. And when they recommend the garlic bruschetta and it comes out coated with cream sauce as well – it’s definitely a breakfast I’ll never forget!

The view however makes up for the food. It’s actually a beautiful day in London, very similar to a spring day in Toowoomba. The café looks out across Islington Green which is a lovely little park with beautiful trees right in the heart of Islington. London has such a great vibe on good weather days – they’re so rare that people really relish them. I really wish I had my camera with so I could take a picture (the 12 pound handbag that would ensure my survival at the desert is at home, the laptop takes priority at the moment).

Last night was something to remember. Mark, Darren and I went to the pub to have a drink with some of Darren’s friends from home. After sitting outside for a few hours in the cold we decided to move inside. All of a sudden we started hearing a noise that sounded like something heavy being dropped on the floor – sort of a slapping sound. A few minutes later we heard it again and again a few minutes after that - I had thought it was the staff packing up the outside tables– it was then we realised someone was shooting a the pub with a BB gun and the sound was when the ball bearings hit the window! (Mum please stop panicking – it was fine,) The police showed up soon after and we decided that was a good time to head home.

No comments: