Saturday 10 March 2007

Early morning

The 25 hours getting to London almost seemed to pass in a surrealistic haze of aeroplane food, not using aeroplane bathrooms and dreaming that Pen had to rush me to hospital with burst eardrums after I was asleep when the descent started into Singapore. There were a few ‘turtle’ moments when I was worried the weight of my backpack would have on my back, turtle style, unable to get the momentum going to get back up!

But here I am safe and sound in Islington sleeping in Jules’ lounge room. I’ve been up courtesy of jet lag since 4.45 am (actually it may not be jet lag and I’m just carrying on the family traditions!) after crashing out from exhaustion, jet lag and two beers at 8.30 last night. Jules took me to a great Thai restaurant last night for dinner.

The reality of needing a job and a place to live are sinking in very quickly and I’ve just been on Gumtree looking for flats and I will admit being drawn to this one…“The house is very well kept, in terms of cleanliness and tidiness, so it would suit a VERY tidy and clean person who likes to live in spotless environment ;)”, my only concern is I’m beyond “VERY tidy”!

Here are the photo’s of Pen, Tone and I at the airport. The slightly crazed look in my face is due to weighing my carry-on 10 minutes before leaving and finding it’s twice the weight limit, panicking and repacking both bags! Of course, Singapore didn’t check any carry-on and I would have been fine to have left it as it was and wouldn’t have dumped my hairdryer and two pairs of shoes! Besides, how can you leave the country without a good panic?

No comments: