Tuesday 30 October 2007

I heart Sweden 26th - 28th October

Last weekend was spent in Sweden to see C&H and to celebrate C's Birthday. It's one of the best weekends I've had since moving to London and a big thank you to C&H for having me stay.
Arrived late on Friday night and went for a quick drink but was too tired to enjoy it and we ended up heading home. Up at a reasonable hour on Saturday and off to the markets in Lund as I mentioned to C once or twice (or twenty times) that I was very keen for one of her world famous breakfasts - it was every bit as good as I remember!
C, H and H's brother T and I then went off to visit the citadel at Landskroner, the link is to the google earth map of it which looks pretty cool.
C&I at the Citadel


Then into Landskroner for a an excellent lunch at one of the local cafe's - cesar salad swedish style (no cesar dressing but delicious all the same) and a very wicked piece of chocolate mouse cake which is worth going back to Landskroner for!
Back to C&H's for some champagne and then more brilliant cooking by C of Moose with red wine, mushrooms and bacon. Absolutely supurb and the moose was so tasty everyone's plates were scraped absolutely clean! Some red wine to follow up and an excellent night had by all.
On Sunday it was off to the park for a BBQ, the day was absolutely freezing but it was still great fun. I can't remember the last time I've been near an open, outdoor fire (proved by the burn I have on my thumb, lesson: don't touch hot things).



It was all over far too briefly and then back on the plane to London.

2 comments:

Cassandra Doyle said...

and sweden hearts Lib.

Cassandra Doyle said...

p.s. Helsingborg was where the fabulous cake came from!!!
and if you think it was cold when you were here - pfft you aint seen nothing!!! It's been snowing (not setting) and the ground was a sheet of ice this morning as i walked to the bus!! Finally thankfull i purchased boring suitable and practical boots over pretty lovely and would defo have slipped over in the ice!!!
see you in 7 weeks lovely...
oh and how was the horse riding?